After watching several You Tube videos, I decided to try a technique called ‘Northern Lights’. I tried several different colors and used the stripe idea. It just didn't seem to look right. So I decided on three colors - berry burst, pacific point and night of navy and did 'oval' sponging instead of stripes and liked the look much better. So I guess I would call this a 'modified Northern Lights' technique. Here is the card we'll be doing at November's club:
First I sponged a berry burst oval. I had some ink on my fingers that transferred to the paper, but it won't matter. The stray ink will be covered in the next steps.
Then I sponged pacific point around that oval.
And finally added night of navy sponged around the edges.
The card is a little dark in the pictures. I mounted this piece on silver foil paper which helped to brighten it quite a bit. I embossed the words and added the silver foil star. The houses were cut with night of navy. I must say that these houses are very easy to cut.
Here is the inside of the card:
There are so many cards that use this stamp set and framelits on Pinterest. Check them out.
Have a great day